Best Bites: Watermelon kiwi popsicles
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Cool down this summer with these healthy and refreshing watermelon and kiwi popsicles! Check out the recipe on this episode of Best Bites!
- 4 kiwis, peeled
- 4 cups of watermelon
- Optional if necessary: a splash of water (We used coconut water to help blend up the kiwi. The watermelon needed no extra liquid.)
- You can choose which fruit you want to blend first. Remember that whichever fruit you pour into your mold first will be the fruit on the top of the popsicle while you’re holding it.
- Add the watermelon into a blender or food processor and blend until fully liquefied.
- Pour the watermelon into the bottom of your popsicles molds and place in the freezer for at least an hour.
- When ready, blend up all of the kiwi and pour it into the popsicle molds on top of the mostly frozen watermelon.
- Place the popsicle sticks into the watermelon puree and place the mold back into the freezer for at least an additional hour.
- Once done, run the mold under warm water to help release the popsicles. ENJOY!!