Best Bites: Ice cream sundae cookie bowl
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Dig into a rich cookie bowl ice cream sundae this summer and cool down from that summer heat! Check out the recipe in this episode of Best Bites!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pan with vegetable pan spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well. In small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter; cool slightly. Add eggs and vanilla to butter; whisk until smooth. Add butter mixture to dry ingredients; mix well to form stiff dough. Mix in chocolate morsels. Roll out dough on generously floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut 4-inch round disks from dough. Drape one disk over each cup mold of pan, pressing to form smooth surface.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until cookie cups are firm and golden brown. Cool on pan on cooling rack 5 minutes. Loosen bottom edges of cookies from pan using small spatula. Carefully remove cups from pan and cool completely. Wash and dry pan; repeat with remaining dough.
- Fill out with ice cream, drizzle with chocolate and decorate with maraschino cherries