Cocktail of the Week: Coconut Lime Mojito Shooters
What's more summer than these coconut lime mojito shooters?
Fruity, sour and punchy, these adorably colorful shots are sure to win over friends and family at your next summer soirée. Made with fresh blueberries, tangy lime juice and sweet white rum, the cocktail is perfect for happy hour and weekend entertaining.
Check out the full recipe below in this week's episode of Cocktail of the Week!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- ¾ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup packed mint leaves, plus extra for optional garnish
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 2/3 cup white rum
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for several hours undisturbed. Open the can and scoop out the thickened top layer, discarding the water at the bottom.
- While the coconut is separating in the refrigerator, make the blueberry syrup. Mix together the blueberries, sugar, and water together in a saucepan and heat on medium. Mash the blueberries and cook until the mixture is syrupy. Strain the syrup and chill.
- Break up the coconut cream curd. Whisk together with sweetened condensed milk and set them aside.
- Muddle the mint, then add lime juice and rum and stir. Strain out the mint and discard.
- Add strained mojito mix to coconut/sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- Evenly distribute the blueberry syrup in the bottoms of the shot glasses. Carefully top with the coconut lime mojito. Gently stir the bottom of each shooter to mx in the blueberry and give a nice ombre look if desired. Top with mint, if desired.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for several hours until ready to serve.