Best Bites Summer Entertaining: Cucumber basil and watermelon salad
Try a refreshing and healthy cucumber, basil and watermelon salad this summer! Check out the recipe on Best Bites!
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or tamari to make this salad gluten-free
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 3 cups watermelon, deseeded and cut into cubes or melon balls
- 1 English cucumber, chopped into ¼-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 ripe mango, skin removed and chopped into ½-inch pieces
- ½ serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup sliced basil
- ¼ cup salted peanuts, crushed and toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soy sauce or tamari, garlic, ginger, lime juice, and rice vinegar.
- Add the watermelon, cucumber, mango, serrano pepper, cilantro, and basil. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Drain the excess liquid before serving.
- Serve with the crushed peanuts on top of the salad.