Best Bites: Blueberry muffins with streusel crumb topping
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
These blueberry muffins with streusel crumb topping are delicious and comforting! Check out the recipe on this episode of Best Bites.
For Blueberry Muffins:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs ( or 3 small)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups blueberries-fresh or frozen(thawed)-divided( 1 cup goes in the batter and 1 1/3 cup for topping)
- 1-2 tablespoon flour
For Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick salted butter-melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees and line standard muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- To make the crumb topping in a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and cinnamon, add melted butter and stir with a fork until crumbly and set aside.
- To make the muffins in a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and granulated sugar until combined. Whisk in yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract (mixture should be pale and yellow)
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything together by hand.
- In a small bowl sprinkle 1 cup blueberries with 1-2 tablespoon flour and toss them until all blueberries are coated with thin layer of flour and then fold them really gently in the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling about 2/3 of each cup. Cover the batter with the remaining blueberries and then cover the blueberries generously with streusel topping.
- Place them in the oven and reduce the heat at 375F, bake about 18-20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then remove muffins and cool on a wire rack.