Cocktail of the Week: The best Bloody Mary
Nothing says boozy brunch like a spicy Bloody Mary, am I right?
Let's be real. Especially during the warm spring and summer months, the best brunches always include at least one or two glasses of this spicy and delicious cocktail. But alas, if you're whipping up a pitcher at home, skip the store-bought mix and opt for a homemade drink.
- ½ lemon
- ½ lime
- 2 cups tomato juice
- ½ tbsp Tabasco Sauce
- 2 ½ tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp celery salt, extra for rim of glass
- Garnish: 1 celery stalk and lime wedge
- Fill a pitcher with ice. Squeeze the lemon and lime halves into the pitcher and drop them in.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir gently.
- Pour some celery salt onto a small plate.
- Rub the juicy side of the lemon or lime wedge along the lip of a glass.
- Roll the outer edge of the glass in celery salt until fully coated.
- Fill the prepared glass with ice, then top with bloody mary.
- Garnish each glass with a celery stalk, lime wedge, and any other desired garnishes.