Best Bites Bridal: Wedding donut tree
This easy to make and delicious wedding cake is made completely out of bite-sized donuts! Check out the recipe on this episode of Best Bites!
- 5 dozen store-bought donut holes; plain, cinnamon-sugar, glazed, powdered, even filled
- One or more candy melt colors for your tree.
- Mixture of sprinkles, sanding sugars, and other edible decorations.
- Styrofoam cone, 6 or 8 inches tall.
- Diamond embellishment to top the tree
- Melt candy in the microwave until smooth, about 1 minute, stirring halfway through.
- Dip donuts in the melted candy coating and sprinkle with decorations while still warm; let cool.
- One at a time, press a toothpick into the styrofoam, then press a donut onto the toothpick until the tree is covered.
- Decorate the top with a diamond embellishment
- You can make the donut tree overnight or up to 8 hours ahead; just wrap gently with plastic wrap and refrigerate if any donuts contain a perishable filling.