Halo Top: PB&J pops
Welcome to Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. This episode was sponsored by Halo Top.
PB&J sandwiches probably bring up fond memories of your time as a child. The classic lunchtime staple was a no-fail. We gotta admit, we still indulge in PB&J sandwiches from time to time as an adult.
This summertime dessert is a creative spin on PB&Js. The best part? You can choose low-calorie alternatives for a guilt-free, post-dinner treat.
Check out this awesome ice cream twist on the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich in this episode of Best Bites served to you by Halo Top!
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 1 pound graham crackers
- 16 ounces strawberry jam
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Spread the ice cream on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Put in the freezer for a couple hours
- Transfer ice cream and parchment lining to a flat surface. Cut ice cream into squares, 2 1/2 inches each. Insert a wooden pop stick into each and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze at least 2-3 hours.
- Break graham crackers in half to make 2 1/2-inch squares. Spread one side of each with about 1 1/2 teaspoons jam; freeze until firm, about 45 minutes (this keeps finished pops neat). Sandwich ice-cream squares between graham crackers, jam facing ice cream.
- Place peanuts in a bowl; dip each side of the pop in the nuts. You can store in your freezer wrapped in plastic wrap or layered between waxed paper in an airtight container, for up to 2 weeks.