Cocktail of the Week: Plum and Thyme Prosecco Smash
Warm weather means outdoor barbecues, post-work happy hours and lots and lots of quality time with friends. And what's summer without a cocktail in-hand?
This weekend, opt for a sweet and refreshing plum and thyme Prosecco mashup. Made with fresh fruit, and spiced up with some herbs and lemon juice, this cocktail is sure to be the hit of any party.
For the Thyme Simple Syrup:
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of water
- 8-10 thyme sprigs
- Combine water and sugar, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add thyme sprigs, stir and let cool. Chill until ready to use.
For the Smash:
- 2 plums, plus one for garnish
- 4 tablespoons thyme simple syrup
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Ice cubes
- 1 bottle of Prosecco
- Crushed ice
- Thyme Sprigs for garnish
- Chop 2 plums.
- Make the cocktails two at a time. Muddle one plum with 2 tablespoons of thyme simple syrup and juice from ½ lemon until all of the plum juices have been released.
- Shake with ice in a Boston cocktail shaker.
- Strain and pour over crushed ice divided evenly between two glasses. Repeat.
- Top off with Prosecco and garnish with extra plum slices and thyme sprigs.