Best Bites: Beer braised pulled pork
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
In this episode of Best Bites, find out how to make this delicious beer braised pulled pork! It's the perfect meal for a summery day outdoors with friends and family!
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- ½ tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 5 lb Boston butt pork roast
- 14.9 oz Guinness beer
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp balsamic dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine the kosher salt, chili powder, garlic powder, ground mustard, ground coriander, pepper and combine well with a fork.
- Place a 5 lb Boston butt pork roast in a roasting pan. Rub the spice blend into all sides of the pork well.
- Bake at 500 degrees F for 45 minutes. Remove the pork.
- Pour the beer around the pork in the roasting pan, and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Make sure to poke a few holes into the foil and cook for another 3 hours at 325 degrees F or until tender.
- Once the pork is rested, remove it from the pan and pour its juices into a saucepan. Into the saucepan, add the ketchup, balsamic dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Mix and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce is reduced by half and you are left with what we know as thick bbq sauce!
- While this is happening, remove the pork skin and shred the meat with a fork. Place the shredded meat into a bowl and pour the bbq sauce over it. Combine well.
- Place the shredded pork over the bread of your choice and top with coleslaw.