Best Bites: Halo Top ice cream cupcakes
Welcome to Best Bites, a video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. This episode was sponsored by Halo Top.
Summer is here, and what better way to cool down than with a sweet and frosty ice cream cupcake?
If you're a cupcake lover, you'll love this summery twist on the classic dessert. Instead of frosting, which we all know can pack on some serious calories, top off your cupcake with a spoonful of Halo Top instead. With fewer calories than your standard pint of ice cream, you'll fulfill any sugar cravings without blowing your summer diet.
With Halo Top's wide array of flavors (Birthday Cake is our favorite!), you can satisfy any kind of sweet tooth, from vanilla lovers to chocolate aficionados. And what's more, this recipe is a piece of cake, meaning the whole family can join in on the dessert-making fun.
Check out the recipe on this episode of Best Bites served to you by Halo Top!
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, plus 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 pints slightly softened Halo Top ice cream (vanilla or your own preference)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the egg, yolk, water, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Transfer the bowl to a mixer and beat on low speed until the mixture is well combined and smooth. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Line mini-muffin tins with paper liners.
- Divide the batter among liners, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until golden brown. This should take about 17 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool completely.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, press a scoop of ice cream or gelato on top of each cupcake. Repeat with remaining cupcakes and ice cream.