Best Bites: Mini chicken parmesan meatball subs
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Check out these delicious Mini Chicken Parmesan Meatball Subs in this week's episode of Best Bites!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 3 grated garlic cloves
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 24 oz tomato basil sauce
- 12 mini dinner rolls
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine the ground chicken, egg, garlic, panko crumbs, grated parmesan, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Roll the meat into 1 tablespoon-sized balls. You should get around 22 meatballs.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat and cook the meatballs until they are evenly browned. This should take about 10 minutes. Add the marinara sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Brush the mixture over the insides of the dinner rolls. Bake the dinner rolls for 5 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Once the dinner rolls are removed, spoon in 2 meatballs into each roll and top with more sauce. Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top and bake for another 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with marinara dipping sauce. Enjoy!