Best Bites: Lemon risotto with spring vegetables
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
It's springtime, and what's better than a healthy and tasty risotto? In this week's episode of Best Bites, check out the recipe for lemon risotto with spring vegetables.
- 12 oz chopped and cooked asparagus
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- Asparagus & leek trimmings
- Leftover parsley stems
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sliced leek
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Salt & pepper
- 1 ½ cups arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Add olive oil to a saucepan and once it’s hot, add in the leek slices, garlic, salt and pepper and saute for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the arborio rice and stir so that the rice is coated thoroughly in olive oil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add in the white whine and cook until the wine is reduced.
- Gradually ladle in the chicken stock making sure to stir in between each addition. Cook the rice for another 20 minutes.
- Add in the asparagus, peas, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, parsley and lemon zest. Combine.