Best Bites: Snickerdoodle apple pie bites
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Is that sweet tooth calling? Then try these delicious snickerdoodle apple pie bites! Check out the recipe on this week's episode of Best Bites.
- 1 package Krusteaz snickerdoodle cookie mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 can apple pie filling
- Cinnamon/sugar mixture
- Caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Coat a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, butter and cookie mix.
- Scoop out the dough and roll into 24 balls. Roll each ball in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and then place each ball into the prepared mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges turn slightly golden brown. Make an indention in the top of each cookie by pressing the back of a tablespoon into each cookie cup.
- Cool for 3-5 minutes and then use a knife to pop out each cookie cup. Place the cookie on a wire rack to cool.
- Prepare apple pie filling by chopping up the apples in the filling into small pieces. Scoop the pie filling into each of the cookie cups. Top with a drizzle of caramel ice cream topping.