Best Bites: Margarita cupcake
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
These Margarita Cupcakes are sure to give you that extra kick this Cinco de Mayo! Check out the recipe on this week's episode of Best Bites!
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- Zest of 1 ½ limes
- Juice of 1 ½ limes
- 1 tbsp tequila
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp tequila
Recipe for cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric beater, whisk the butter and sugar together for about 5 minutes on medium-high, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Lower the speed of the mixer to medium, and add one egg at at time. Mix for 30 seconds in between each egg.
- Add the lime zest, lime juice, vanilla extract, and tequila. Mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Set mixer speed to low and alternate adding the dry ingredients with the buttermilk.
- Bake the cupcakes for about 12 minutes, rotate the pan, then cook for 13-15 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes and then brush the tops with tequila.
Recipe for frosting:
- Whip the butter on medium-high speed for 5 minutes. Reduce the speed to medium-low keep whisking, and slowly add in sugar. Once combined, up the speed to medium and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Add the lime juice and tequila. Whisk the frosting to combine on medium-high speed it becomes fluffy.
- Frost the cupcakes and garnish with lime zest.