Finally, the day we've all been waiting for is here.
Everyone's favorite holiday, Cinco de Mayo, has finally arrived and we couldn't be more grateful. We're welcoming the holiday with open arms and empty glasses, ready to celebrate with tons of guacamole, margaritas and a couple bowls of queso. What's a Cinco de Mayo party without the food?
Scroll through to see all the dishes we're making this holiday:
Cinco de Mayo recipes
Cinco de Mayo recipes
Quesadillas Verde with Cacique Queso Fresco (Courtesy of Chef Aarón Sánchez)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 10-ounce bag fresh spinach leaves, cleaned, any tough stems discarded
1 large jalapeño, seeded and minced
1 12-ounce package Cacique Queso Fresco, crumbled
Salt and pepper
8 8-inch flour tortillas
Cacique Crema Mexicana Agria, for serving
Prepared salsa, for serving
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the spinach and chopped jalapeño and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, until the spinach wilts.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and stir the crumbled Cacique Queso Fresco into the spinach, stirring well until the cheese softens. Taste and season with salt and pepper, as needed.
3. Lay four tortillas out on a clean space. Divide the spinach mixture among then, using a spoon to smooth the mixture to the edges of the tortillas. Top each with another tortilla.
4. Heat a large dry cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Using a large spatula, lift the first filled tortilla into the pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until the tortilla is golden brown and the edges are slightly crisp.
5. Remove to a cutting board and use a large sharp knife to cut the quesadilla into quarters. Keep warm on a serving platter while you cook the remaining quesadillas. Serve with Cacique Crema Mexicana Agriaand salsa, if desired.
Admittedly, for us, a big part of the holiday is the food. But we're not just talking about your average taco here. We're mixing it up this holiday with a couple of delicious spins on all our classic favorites. From easy 5 ingredient queso dip to homemade corn and goat cheese empanadas, you've definitely never celebrated like this.
So, hold up your salt-rimmed glasses, slice into a fresh avocado and get the party started.