Best Bites: Earth Day cake pops
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Celebrate Earth Day with these DIY cake pops! Watch this week’s episode of Best Bites for the recipe!
- 16.5 oz cake mix
- 12 oz frosting
Cake Pop Decorations:
- 32 oz blue melting wafers
- Lollipop sticks
- 8 oz green melting wafers
- Paint brush
- Bake 16.5 ounces of cake mix according to its instructions. Once it’s baked and cooled, crumble the cake into fine pieces in a large bowl.
- Add the 12 ounces of frosting to the bowl and combine well.
- Using your hands, form 1.5 inch balls out of the cake-frosting mixture, and refrigerate the balls for about an hour.
- Microwave 32 ounces of blue melting wafers for 30 seconds and then stir. Microwave them again for another 30 seconds and stir.
- Dip a lollipop stick by about half an inch into the melted wafers and remove.
- Insert the stick halfway into a cake ball and rest.
- Dip the cake ball into the melted blue wafers and make sure to remove excess coating.
- In a separate bowl, melt 8 ounces of green wafers for 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir, and then melt again for another 30 seconds.
- Using the melted green wafers as paint, dip in your paintbrush, and paint the world on your mini cakes!