Best Bites: Candy sushi
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Kids and adults will go crazy when they see this sweet and colorful tray of sushi! Check out the recipe for candy sushi on this week’s episode of Best Bites!
- 1 sheet of Rice Krispie treats
- Swedish fish
- Fruit by the foot
- Colored Licorice
- Green rip rolls
- Mini gumballs
“Swedish Fish Nigiri”
- Cut a slice of Rice Krispie about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide and round the edges with your fingers.
- Slice 1 Green Rip Roll in half lengthwise and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Place a Swedish Fish on top of the rice krispie and wrap the green rip roll around the sushi.
- Flatten 1 red and 1 orange Starburst with a rolling pin, seperately.
- Cut the orange Starburst into thin slices and press them on top of the flattened red Starburst.
- Using a rolling pin, roll to combine both starbursts.
- Round the edges of a 2x1 rice krispie slice.
- Place the tuna part over the rice and wrap with a thin piece of Green Rip Roll.
- Round the edge of a 2x1 rice krispie piece and indent the top with your fingers.
- Trim a Fruit by the Foot so that it’s as wide as the rice krispie piece, and wrap around the sides of the rice.
- Fill with multicoloured gumballs.
- Slice a 2x1 rice krispie piece lengthwise in half and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Trim a piece of Fruit by the Foot to the size of the rice krispie piece, and lay the rice on top of the Fruit by the Foot.
- Top with trimmed pieces of licorice and Rip Roll and roll tightly.
- Trim the edges and cut the roll into pieces.
- Serve with chocolate syrup!