Best Bites: Royal baby shower crown cupcakes
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Britain's newest royal baby is almost here! Celebrate the big day with these tasty cupcakes fit for a prince and princess!
- 1 ½ cups self-rising flour
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Gold flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a bowl, add 1 1/2 cups self rising flour and 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour and combine well with a spatula.
- In a separate bowl, add in 1 cup unsalted butter and whisk until it’s smooth.
- With the beater still on, pour in two cups of sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add in 3 eggs one at a time, making sure to beat between each egg.
- In 1 cup of milk, add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- In the bowl with the butter and sugar, alternate between adding in the flour mixture and milk, making sure to beat well.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop in 1 ball of the mixture into a cupcake pan, lined with paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Using store-bought frosting, frost each cupcake and sprinkle with edible gold leaf flakes.