Best Bites: Cheesy toasted ravioli
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Not your average raviolis! Find out what sets this cheesy ravioli recipe apart in this week’s episode of Best Bites!
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1.5 pound bag of beef ravioli fresh or frozen
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- vegetable oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce
- In a bowl, mix buttermilk and eggs together.
- In another bowl, mix bread crumbs, salt, and pepper together.
- Dip each ravioli in the milk mixture and then press into the bread crumbs, coating both sides of the ravioli well. Place on a large baking sheet.
- Place the breaded ravioli in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until firm. Meanwhile, fill a deep pot with 2 inches of oil and heat to 350 degrees F.
- Working in batches, place several ravioli in the oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden. Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate or pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm along with marinara sauce for dipping.