Best Bites: Pepperoni pizza mac n’ cheese
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
A pizza and mac n’ cheese combo? It exists! Check out the recipe for pepperoni pizza mac n’ cheese in this week’s episode of Best Bites!
- Salted water
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1.5 cups grated mozzarella
- 2 oz pepperoni
- Preheat oven 375°.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, less 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter, whisk in flour, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and whisk in milk until smooth.
- Add oregano, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Simmer for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Fold in half the cheese and add drained pasta. Top pasta with remaining cheese and sprinkle pepperoni all over.
- Bake until pepperoni is crispy and pasta is bubbling, 10 minutes. Serve immediately.