Best Bites: Ahi poke avocado boats
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
In this week’s episode of Best Bites we give you the scoop on how to make these delicious Ahi Tuna poke avocado boats!
- 2 large sushi grade Ahi tuna steaks
- ½ cup green onion
- 1 shallot
- 3 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli garlic paste
- 1.5 tsp sesame seeds
- 3 avocados
- Pat the ahi tuna steaks dry and cut them into ½ inch cubes. Place the chunks into a large bowl.
- Thinly slice the shallot and green onion and combine with tuna.
- Halve the avocados and remove pits.
- Add tamari, rice vinegar, garlic paste and sesame seeds to tuna and combine ingredients.
- Fill the boats with tuna poke and enjoy!