Best Bites: Crockpot buffalo chicken sweet potatoes
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
In the mood for some good old comfort food? Try these savory crockpot buffalo chicken sweet potatoes in this week’s episode of Best Bites! Made with chicken, creamy Blue Cheese dressing and your favorite seasonings, this dish is finger-lickin' good!
- Buffalo Chicken
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2/4 cup hot sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground cayenne
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Chopped green onions
- Blue Cheese Yogurt Dressing
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Coat a slow cooker with nonstick spray and place the chicken in the bottom of the cooker.
- In a separate bowl, add the hot sauce, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, pepper and coconut oil and microwave for 45 seconds.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts and cover the slow cooker. Then cook for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours on high.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred in a separate plate. Make sure to leave the sauce in the slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch with the water and pour back into the slow cooker with remaining hot sauce. Combine using a whisk. Cook sauce on high for 30 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and toss it well into the sauce so that it is entirely coated.