Best Bites: Nutella fudge mug cake
Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
We’re celebrating Nutella Day with a simple and delicious Nutella fudge mug cake! Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe -- no oven needed, all you need is a microwave and a mug!
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Nutella
- ½ tbsp almond milk
- In a bowl, add all-purpose flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and combine. Add in almond milk and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a separate bowl containing Nutella, add a ½ tablespoon of almond milk and stir.
- Pour Nutella-milk mixture into the bowl with remaining ingredients and combine.
- Transfer batter into a mug.
- Cook mug in a microwave for 1 minute. Rest mug for 5 seconds, then microwave again for another 30 seconds. Allow the mug to cool for 2 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake to check if it’s done.
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!