Cocktail of the Week: The Classic Old Fashioned (for your Classic 'Old Man')
Welcome to Cocktail of the Week, a weekly video series that will bring you the most delicious (and really, really pretty) cocktail recipe videos that are sure to up your hosting game. Check back on Fridays for new episodes!
Craving a drink the old-fashioned way? Try this week's winning cocktail recipe (and let your "old man" give it a try too, just in time for Father's Day). We break it all down for you below, but be sure to watch the video above to really see how it's done.
- Peel orange.
- Rub orange peel along glass rim.
- Squeeze the juice of orange peel into the glass.
- Place one Demerara sugar cube into the glass.
- Add 3 dashes of Angostura bitters.
- Crush sugar with a wood muddler.
- Rotate glass so that the sugar grains and bitters give it a lining.
- Add ice.
- Add 2 ounces of Rye Whiskey.
- Stir with stirring rod.
Check out all of our previous Cocktail of the Week recipes below: