Cocktail of the Week: Cucumber Basil Vodka Gimlet
Welcome to Cocktail of the Week, a weekly video series that will bring you the most delicious (and really, really pretty) cocktail recipe videos that are sure to up your hosting game. Check back on Fridays for new episodes!
This week, we invite you to unwind with this refreshing, herby drink -- the Cucumber Basil Vodka Gimlet. We break it all down for you below -- but be sure to watch the video above for a closer look at how it's done.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 large seedless cucumber, coarsely chopped and divided
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2/3 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 fresh basil sprigs
- Place sugar and 1/2 of cucumber pieces in a large, wide-mouthed glass or a 2-cup measuring cup.
- Muddle lightly.
- Add lime juice until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour lime juice mixture through a fine mesh sieve into another 2-cup measuring cup.
- Stir in vodka and water.
- Fill two lowball glasses with ice. Divide cocktail and remaining cucumber pieces between two glasses.
- Garnish with basil.