Warmer weather is finally here and summer fever has officially set in!
While summer is usually a time to take a break from heavy makeup, we believe a little glam is still a necessary option. Here are nine easy steps to help you create an easy peach summertime look -- perfect for either day or night.
Easy summer glam makeup
Easy summer glam makeup
1. It's important to prep and prime your skin before applying any makeup to help lock in your skin's moisture and help your foundation stay in place. Apply your favorite moisturizer and/or primer and let your skin soak it in. We love this hydrating primer from Smashbox or this moisturizing gel from Garnier.
2. You can't go full glam without having the best brows in town! The queen of eyebrows, Anastasia Beverly Hills, will take your strands and whip them into perfectly shaped arches. Fill in the sparse areas and brush them upward and out.
TIP: We recommend filling in your brows before applying your foundation so the product doesn't slip and slide.
3. A light-weight foundation that still provides enough coverage is essential to a great base. We love this option from L'Oreal if you have oily/combination skin or this one if you have dry/normal skin. If you want to save a couple of bucks or already have a great foundation to use, apply your ride or die formula to get a flawless finish.
4. Eyeshadow can be tricky, but this palette from ColourPop Cosmetics is perfect for any skin tone. Start with the lightest peach shade just slightly above your crease and all around the lid. Build the intensity on your crease with the next darkest color and blend well. Lastly, focus the darkest red-orange color on the outer corner of your eyelid for a soft smokey peachy look! Or apply the third brightest color for an all-over pretty monochromatic look!
5. Faux lashes can take any look from 0 to 100 real quick and we love these from Battington. Not only are they re-wearable for up to 25 uses but they are handmade from silk and cruelty-free.
TIP: Measure the lash to your eyelid and cut any excess off. Then, slightly bend the lash to get a more curved shape. This will prevent the lash from sticking out from your inner corner.
6. Get the prettiest and most natural bronze finish with this Hoola bronzer from Benefit. Apply it in a "3" motion starting from the forehead, swipe down and front to the hollows of your cheeks and lastly, along your jawline. An easy (and light) way to contour without going all Kim Kardashian-cut cheekbones.
7. No glam look would be complete without a major glow. This super affordable option from E.l.f. will give you the prettiest and most blinding glow for cheap. Dust it where the light would naturally hit your face and body: Just above your outer cheekbones, above the arch of your brows, bridge of your nose and cupid's bow. For the body, sweep it across your collarbones and up and down your sternum.
8. There is no way to put this lightly but if you're looking for your makeup to last ALL DAY (and night!) then look no further than this setting spray. It will keep your face from caking up, help control the oiliness and will prevent your makeup from melting off your face. Consider it the holy grail of setting sprays.