Cocktail of the Week: Strawberry Rhubarb Rosé Sangria
Welcome to Cocktail of the Week, a weekly video series that will bring you the most delicious (and really, really pretty) cocktail recipe videos that are sure to up your hosting game. Check back on Fridays for new episodes!
This Memorial Day Weekend, impress your guests with this sophisticated version of sangria -- and see if they could guess the special ingredient!
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 3-4 cups rhubarb (2 large stalks; diced into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 750 ml bottle rose wine
- 1 lime sliced
- ¼ cup loosely packed mint leaves, torn
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 recipe simple syrup, cooled and strained
- Club soda or seltzer, ice (add 4 cups club soda)
- In a medium pot, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Add rhubarb, stir and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cool and strain off rhubarb before adding sangria.
- Combine all sangria ingredients in a pitcher. All to "marinate" in the fridge for 4 hours.
- Add 4 cups club soda.