Cocktail of the Week: Healthy Paloma
Welcome to Cocktail of the Week, a weekly video series that will bring you the most delicious (and really, really pretty) cocktail recipe videos that are sure to up your hosting game. Check back on Fridays for new episodes!
Who said cocktails can't be semi-healthy? In this week's episode, we'll let you in on the secret to shaking up a delicious and waist-friendly drink! Instead of adding even more sugar, we added fresh grapefruit juice -- which, according to Dr. Oz, is low in calories, full of Vitamin C, could help lower cholesterol, may reduce stress and is quite hydrating.
Of course, it's probably healthiest to drink it sans alcohol -- but we have to treat ourselves every once in a while, right?
- ¼ cup of tequila
- ¼ cup of club soda
- ¼ cup of fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tbsp of fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Small plate of sugar
- Grapefruit wedge
- Sprinkle sugar on a small plate. Cut grapefruit in half.
- Rub outer edge of cocktail glass on grapefruit to wet. Rub rim of glass in sugar.
- In cocktail glass combine grapefruit juice, lime juice, and sugar, mixing until sugar dissolves.
- Add tequila, club soda, and ice.
- Garnish with a slice of grapefruit. Enjoy!