Wellness Wednesday: Organizing tips for a less stressful day
Welcome to Wellness Wednesdays, where each week we'll show you how to make your life just a little bit better. From fitness to food, mindfulness and even love, check back each week for more tips on making this your best year yet.
No matter how hard you fight it, stress seems to find its way into your day. But there are a few ways that you can make sure you start your day on the right foot, and preemptively avoid unnecessary stressors.
- Write your lists early: Make your to-do list within the first hour of your day, and plan everything you want to try to get done during the day.
- Be active: Getting out and taking a walk as you talk, or (if you have the time) going for a run can make a huge difference in your day. When you exercise you release endorphins, and that also helps to promote creativity.
- Smart scheduling: Schedule the most important tasks for the time of day when you have the most energy and concentration.
- Big things first: Get that one big thing out of the way first. You'll move into the afternoon with a sense of accomplishment and will feel the weight lifted from your shoulders of larger tasks.
- Do nothing for 5 minutes: Taking time to recharge is so important. It'll help you keep a clear head and stay calm throughout the day.