Easy Irish nachos
A whole new take on nachos with these potatoes. Simple to throw together and extra delicious, spicy and (somewhat) healthy. It's like putting a salad on cheese fries – BAM!
1 20 oz. bag frozen waffle fries (Alexia is a good brand)
1 bunch cilantro
3 tiny cloves garlic or 1 big clove
1/2 small red onion, minced and divided
1 jalapeno, sliced and divided
Salt, to taste
½ - ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cups sharp white cheddar
1/2 fennel bulb, shaved
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced with 1 cup leaves reserved
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 avocado, diced
1/2 lemon, juiced
Dollop or two of Greek yogurt
- Preheat and cook potatoes to desired level of crispiness according to package directions.
- While fries cook place ½ onion, ½ jalapeno, handful or two of cilantro and garlic in a food processor. Season with salt and pulse. With the machine running pour ½ - ¾ cup olive oil to create desired consistency, should be similar to pesto.
- Remove fries from oven and turn on broiler. Top with cheese and broil cheese on potatoes, watching until melted.
- Top with desired amount of onion, jalapenos, fennel, celery, cabbage, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl toss avocado with lemon juice to prevent oxidation and top potatoes.
- Dollop with Greek yogurt if desired and drizzle with dressing. EAT!