How to regrow green onions in water
Read Full Story
You don't need a garden to grow your own food! Onions are one of the easiest foods to regrow from scraps.
First, fill a mason jar with an inch of water. Put leftover green onion roots, root-side-down, in the jar.
Put the jar next to a sunny window and change the water every couple days. You'll start to see some growth after only a few days. By a week, you'll be amazed at how quickly the plants sprout back up.
Clip the parts you want to throw in your dinner and the rest will keep growing back.
You'll never have to buy green onions again.
Scroll through to see more home hacks:
Unusual hacks for hairspray
1. Spray hairspray on curtains to defer dust and dirt.
2. Spray hairspray on clothes to remove lipstick stains.
Saturate the stain in hairspray, let it sit for 5-15 minutes. Then toss it in the laundry.
3. Spray hairspray on your kid's laces to stop them from untying!
4. Spray hairspray on bobby pins for better grip in your hair.
5. Spray on chalked sidewalk to preserve your child's masterpiece!
6. Spray on freshly painted nails to make them dry faster and keep polish from chipping.
7. Spray hairspray on thread to stiffen, allowing you to thread the needle easier.
8. Spray hairspray on a loose zipper to keep it from moving around.
9. Spray hairspray on tights to keep the material from snagging even more!
10. Spray hairspray on sweaters to eliminate static!
11. Spray hairspray to remove fur from fabric.
Spritz on rag or paper bag, and then rub on couch, rugs or clothing to remove unwanted pet hair.
12. Spray hairspray on Christmas wreaths to make them last longer.
Spritz hairspray as soon as you get the wreath to prevent the pine needles from falling out.
13. Spray hairspray on sticky labels to remove the sticker and residue!