Mulled Wine Plum Rose Tarts (courtesy of Thumbtack Chef Niko Paranomous)
- 12 plums
- 2 cups Mulled Wine
- 1 cup dark chocolate ganache
- Frozen Chocolate Tart Dough
1. Make and par bake 12 chocolate tart shells.
2. Begin reducing 1 1/2 cups mulled wine.
3. Slice all 12 plums so that each slice is about 1/4" thick, and place in pot with 1 cup of sugar and about 1/2 cup of mulled wine. Put on medium low heat and stir until the plums have softened enough that they are flexible, about 5 minutes.
4. Spoon in the dark chocolate ganache into each tart shell so that it fills about 1/4 of the tart.
5. Now you can make your plum roses - Begin by taking about 5 slices of the plums and laying them so that they are nearly upright, skin side facing up towards you, around the perimeter of the tart. Then continue to do this along the perimeter of the plums you just added, alternating the order so that the peak of each slice is placed right on where the previous two slices meet. Continue to do this until you get to the middle. When it is no longer possible to layer them, take one plum slice and roll into a little scroll, place the scroll skin side up right in the middle of the tart,
6. Bake the tarts for about 8 - 10 minutes, then enjoy.