Valentines Day is right around the corner, meaning that it's time to start planning that romantic date night or girls night in! No matter if you are married, dating or single, we know that everyone should enjoy something sweet.
"All you need is a scoop of ice cream to top it off. This pie is good both warm and at room temperature, but I really like it a little warm with the ice cream melting on top. I’m pretty sure this would be the perfect holiday dessert!" Taste and Tell
"It reminds me of a grown up Crunch bar, and it would be a sweet treat to share with neighbors and friends as a surprise Valentine’s gift—provided you can keep yourself from munching the entire batch first." Well Plated
"Quite honestly this might just be one of my favorite desserts ever, and that is saying a lot for me! So make these for your lover, husband, kids or friends, with a cup of coffee or glass of champagne, because life is too short not to enjoy a sweet treat!" Colorful Eats
"These cookies have the best texture – soft and chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside because the dough is rolled in a pile of cereal before baking. There are Maraschino cherries in them too, which makes them turn pink, and that makes me happy." JJ Begonia
3. Slice all 12 plums so that each slice is about 1/4" thick, and place in pot with 1 cup of sugar and about 1/2 cup of mulled wine. Put on medium low heat and stir until the plums have softened enough that they are flexible, about 5 minutes.
4. Spoon in the dark chocolate ganache into each tart shell so that it fills about 1/4 of the tart.
5. Now you can make your plum roses - Begin by taking about 5 slices of the plums and laying them so that they are nearly upright, skin side facing up towards you, around the perimeter of the tart. Then continue to do this along the perimeter of the plums you just added, alternating the order so that the peak of each slice is placed right on where the previous two slices meet. Continue to do this until you get to the middle. When it is no longer possible to layer them, take one plum slice and roll into a little scroll, place the scroll skin side up right in the middle of the tart,
6. Bake the tarts for about 8 - 10 minutes, then enjoy.
Share the Pear (courtesy of Shaun Meglin)
1.5 oz Osborne Fino sherry
.75 oz Saint George Spiced Pear
3 scoops of good quality vanilla ice cream (Péché makes theirs in-house)
1. Add all ingredients to blender and blend until incorporated. 2. Pour in glass, garnish with cinnamon and serve.
"This is recipe may look complex but it’s beyond simple to create. Using just mini candy canes & white chocolate (ok & a touch of sprinkles for some added glamour) you can create these delicious pops in under 5 minutes." Public Lives, Secret Recipes