10 creative things to do this weekend
Is it just me or did this week seem extra long? We spent most of Sunday shooting this post, so I guess our week was truly extra long. Aaron is headed to Houston for the Super Bowl today, so it's a girls weekend for Parker and I! We have a birthday party Saturday morning (Paw Patrol themed which is sure to be a hit!) and I'm heading out solo for a dinner party Saturday evening. We will be watching the game with friends and family on Sunday, but our only other plans are to finish all of our unpacking. We've been in our place just over a week and a half now and are finally working our way through the final boxes! If you're looking for some things to add to your weekend to-do list, look no further!
1. Pop into a neighborhood open house. You just might discover some new design inspiration or find some motivation for that room makeover you've been putting off!
2. Pizza Friday anyone?! Make them homemade...
3. Then work it off by getting outside this weekend and doing something fun. Hiking, walking the lake, riding a bike? The options are endless!
4. Schedule time to finish your taxes... sooner than later! Not the most fun way to spend your time, but you'll be glad you did!
5. Plan your meals for the week... including something extra special for Sunday afternoon!
6. Put yourself in someone else's shoes and read or watch news from a source that you typically wouldn't. If you find your views to be more liberal, check out Fox News. More conservative? Hop on over to CNN. Who knows, we just might discover the missing empathy piece that seems to be missing from most political conversations lately...
7. Save the $15 and give yourself a manicure to start the week...
8. Turn off the TV and read a book.
9. Write that card you've been meaning to send (two come to my mind!).
10. Do something kind for someone else, not expecting anything in return.
RELATED: Start your weekend out smooth