Cocktail of the week: Spiked winter lemonade
It's Friday and let's face it, the only question we're currently asking ourselves is "where are the drinks?" From margaritas to wine, we can't wait to ditch our desks and head to the nearest cocktail, wherever that may be. So today, in honor of the upcoming weekend -- we've got a delicious cocktail just for you that is sure to wipe away all your workweek blues.
Allow us to introduce you to the Winter Lemonade from lifestyle blogger, Lauren Kelp!
- 2 cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of water + additional water
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- Optional: vodka or your favorite spirit
1. In a large saucepan, bring lemon juice, sugar, water, split vanilla bean, cinnamon sticks and bring to a boil
2. Once boiling, remove from heat & let cool (in the pan) for 3 hours
3. Pour everything (including the cinnamon sticks & vanilla), add additional water (if desired) and chill.
4. Drink as is or add a shot of your favorite spirit
RELATED: More cocktail recipes for your next happy hour