What to wear on an airplane
I've had a little break from traveling over the past couple of months, but it's about to start up again in full swing! I've already had a couple of trips this month, and Fashion Month is right around the corner, so I'm going to be spending mannnyyyy hours on airplanes.
Especially on long plane rides (hello, Europe), having an outfit you feel relaxed and comfy in is pretty important. I basically have five pieces I always include when deciding what to wear on an airplane:
1. Jeans – I am definitely a jeans-girl most days anyways, and when I'm on a plane I like to be comfortable without feeling too dressed down and tired, so jeans are the perfect in between.
2. Flats – I have seen some flight attendants and business women rock the heels while traveling, but I am all for slipping into some nice flats or sneakers, especially if I know I'll be walking a lot around the airport.
3. Favorite Tee – I switch between an easy graphic tee and more dressed up tops depending on my mood, but either way I usually pick a favorite tee!
4. Small Bag – Most airlines allow a carry on and a personal item, so I always make sure to have one bag that's a little smaller and can fit under the seat in front of me. It's even better if I can make that a cute bag I'll wear a few times while I'm on the trip as well.
5. Pack a layer – Inside the small bag, I pack an extra layer because it's always super warm when you're first getting on the plane and then freezing once you're in the air! I love it when they had out free blankets, but my extra layer is always there just in case :)
Here are some of my airplane outfits from the last few months of traveling... Soon I'll be picking out the next one and making my way to Sundance Festival!
Related: Travel outfits are the best outfits