Gluten-free pancakes that don't taste gluten-free
With the New Year, it seems everyone is trying to eat a little bit better and get more exercise. I am the same way! I am always looking for good ways to cut gluten out of my own personal diet due to some food intolerances, so it's always nice when I find something that is gluten free and tastes delicious...that way I don't feel like I am missing out on something. These Gluten Free Blueberry Oatmeal Yogurt Pancakes are pretty darn tasty.
I like them because they taste great...but they are also packed with protein which means that they will keep me full for several hours and I don't feel like I need to snack in between meals. They also leave my stomach feeling happy...which isn't always the case with my food sensitivities.
Usually the kids don't beg for my gluten free recipes, but this is one they will ask for me to make for them too! Use your favorite greek yogurt in the recipe, I usually use a plain one or a vanilla one depending on what I happen to have on hand. You could also use a blueberry flavored one to add a little bit of extra taste.
This recipe makes about 4 to 6 pancakes. I am plenty full after eating three of them (they are smaller in size) and usually have a couple left over to share or to save for later. They freeze great too!
- 1/2 cup Oats (gluten free)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 6 oz. Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 medium ripe Banana
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/3 cup Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Place all ingredients, except blueberries, into a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to add a teaspoon of milk if your batter is too thick.
- Set batter aside to thicken up for a few minutes.
- If batter is too thin, add a tablespoon or two more of oats and blend again.
- Grease a nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium low heat.
- Drop small circles of batter (about ¼ cup) onto the heated skillet.
- Sprinkle a few blueberries on top.
- Cook until bubbles appear on top.
- Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside.
- Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more cooking spray and remaining batter.