Chocolate almond butter protein balls
How are those New Year's resolutions coming? Keeping them simple is the best way to win. It's my way of cheating! I keep it so simple I almost can't fail...
- Take vitamins
- Work out three days per week
- Reduce sugar, gluten, dairy and alcohol
See how easy those are? And notice I said reduce. Anytime I completely cut something out of my diet, I crave it even more. I've been mostly gluten free for about five years so that's pretty easy for me.
Sugar... that's another story. I often stop by the pantry multiple times per day to eat small handfuls of chocolate chips. I'm sure if I put those in a bowl and looked at the serving size, I would be horrified. I'll never do that!
So with all that in mind I present you with these four ingredient Chocolate Almond Butter Protein Balls. I've been making these forever and they are great as a sub for an after dinner bowl of ice cream. They are sweet and full of protein. Eat them for a snack midmorning or a treat after dinner. The other thing that helps is not buying ice cream at all.
These Chocolate Almond Butter Protein Balls are...
- Packed with protein
- Gluten free
So give them a try. I hope they help you stick to some of your New Year's resolutions.
Let me know how you like them by snapping a photo and tagging me at #seasonal_cravings on Instagram!
- 2 scoops vegan protein powder (I use Vega One)
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4 tbsp natural almond butter
- Dessicated coconut for rolling balls in
- Mix first three ingredients in a bowl. This will take a bit of time. I used a fork to mash it all together.
- Using a small scooper portion out equal sized balls and roll.
- Roll in coconut.