These homemade bear paws are better than any candy bar
One of our favorite ways to celebrate the holidays is to make some tasty Homemade Candy Recipes. These Chocolate Covered Bear Paws are always a good standby recipe. We rotate which candy recipes we make and these are always one of the kids favorites!
You can make chocolate grizzly bear paws with milk chocolate or use a white chocolate to make polar bear paws. Of course you can always melt both kinds of chocolate and make both! We usually do both since we have some in the family who prefer white chocolate over milk chocolate. (Semi-sweet and dark chocolate also work well depending on your taste preferences)!
- 30 caramels
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup peanuts (roasted and/or cocktail)
- 12 ounces vanilla almond bark and/or milk chocolate
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt caramels with butter and cream in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring, and repeating until smooth.
- Mix in the peanuts and then let it sit in the bowl to cool for about 15 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Spoon onto the parchment in tablespoon size mounds. Place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes until set.
- Place chocolate in a bowl and melt in the microwave on low in 30 second increments and stir until melted and smooth.
- Dip caramel cluster in the chocolate and use a fork to remove it. Holding it over the bowl, tap the fork on the edge to let any excess chocolate drip back down.
- Place cluster back on the parchment lined pan and repeat with remaining clusters.
- Put the pan back in the fridge for 30-60 minutes until chocolate is set.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three weeks.