Cannoli stuffed french toast
One of the great things about this recipe is how easy it is to make. Simply mix all of the french toast ingredients together, pour over the toast, & stick in the oven for about 45 minutes. Baking the french toast not only makes your life easier but it allows for the coating to truly soak into the toast making for a fluffy & flavorful treat. One that's perfect to enjoy on your last day of 2016!
- for the toast:
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 & ¾ tbsp dark corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 6 slices (1.5 inch thick) challah
- 1 cup heavy cream
- for the cannoli filling:
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In large mixing bowl mix all toast ingredients sans toast. Stir to combine.
- Place mixture in casserole dish. Add challah slices & let soak for 20 minutes. Coat with excess mixture from the bottom of dish. Flip & let soak another 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake for 40-50 minutes until challah is shiny & bubbling on top.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Serve as two pieces with filling in the middle. Enjoy!