How to wear buffalo plaid
Some people think buffalo plaid is very lumberjack-y, which may or may not be your thang. But if you style this winter pattern correctly, you could look very chic. So I'm sharing some key tips for how to wear buffalo plaid!
- Don't be afraid to accessorize: Buffalo plaid is a very bold and sometimes overpowering print. Add some girly accessories to your outfit to soften the look. Here I added a cozy infinity scarf. In this old plaid dress outfit, I added a darling little bow belt.
- Pair it with the right shoes: If you want to go for that casual, Pacific Northwest look, style the print with Hunter or Sorel boots like here. For me, I like to wear dressier, chic shoes in contrast with the laid back print. These pointy-toe over the knee boots made this outfit more casual chic.
- Go for red plaid: Buffalo plaid comes in several color combinations. Dark green and navy or black and white are very popular. However, I tend to always go for the red and black plaid. It's so festive for the holidays and always stands out more.
- Play with patterns: It's safe to style the pattern with something plain black or white. But you can totally have fun with it and mix the print with other patterns! I mixed mine with stars but you can also do gingham, stripes, or even leopard!
- Add only pops of the print: If an entire buffalo plaid shirt, coat, dress, etc. is too much for you, look for accessories with the print. I'm loving this plaid scarf with pom poms!
I hope these tips for how to wear buffalo plaid were helpful! If you haven't yet, are you ready to take on this fun and festive print?
SHOP THE LOOK: