Winter lemonade is a real thing
Alright party people, raise your hand if you are ready for a little warm front? I mean, as much as I love Chi-beria, I wouldn't turn down a little sunshine...know what I mean? As much as I would love to control the weather, I thought that I might whip up some winter lemonade to help bring the sunshine out.
This at-home lemonade has the perfect amount of holiday spice (think vanilla & cinnamon...mmm!) and delicious as is, or throw a little vodka in there & you've got yourself a party!
- 2 cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of water + additional water
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- Optional: vodka or your favorite spirit
- In a large saucepan, bring lemon juice, sugar, water, split vanilla bean, cinnamon sticks and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, remove from heat & let cool (in the pan) for 3 hours
- Pour everything (including the cinnamon sticks & vanilla), add additional water (if desired) and chill.
- Drink as is or add a shot of your favorite spirit!
I mean, how delicious right?! The longer the lemonade sits, the better, because it allows the flavors of the cinnamon and the vanilla to sink in. But, if you are as impatient as I am and want to drink it right away, it's delicious as well.
This is perfect, & I mean, seriously perfect, to make before having friends over for drinks or before a party. Throw it in a pitcher with some vodka next to it and you've got a delicious, self-serve cocktail. Easy breezy baby! Enjoy.
The post WINTER LEMONADE appeared first on Lauren Kelp | Thoughtful Living.