Celebrity stylist reveals the 5 biggest hair color trends for 2017
According to colorist to the stars, George Papanikolas, 2017 is going to be the year of daring hair color trends. His predictions for what hues will dominate next year range from blondes to brunettes, from light hues to bold statements, and we can't wait to try them out.
Below are the 5 shades -- and most importantly, the perfect inspiration to bring to the salon so you get what you want. And then, George even gives us tips on how to keep your hair vibrant and healthy, no matter your color choice. Click through below for photo inspiration of the 5 colors, and then scroll to read George's predictions as to why they're going to be so popular.
In George's own words:
- Nude Hair: This hair color has a very neutral tone to pair with your skin tone and create an overall nude look. Natural blondes are usually born with this hair color. Think Gigi Hadid and Cara Delevingne.
- Jewel Tones: The bolder version of the pastel trend but not as intense as the ultra-vibrant punk colors. Shades like Quartz Pink and Sapphire Blue incorporated into soft ribbons and color melts. This option is very easy for those with lighter hair. Darker hair will need to be pre-lightened to achieve the look. I turn to Matrix Color Sync Watercolors to create these custom colors on my clients!
- Baby Blonde: The pale pastel blonde is the perfect pairing to a dark winter wardrobe. When committing to this color, maintenance is so important. I always recommend Matrix Total Results Hello Blondie Shampoo and Conditioner to keep hair radiant between salon visits.
- Tigers Eye: It's the latest evolution of Bronde. This color is a combination of highlights – in shades like honey, amber and soft brown – that are painted on using the balayage technique. This color became an overnight sensation in 2016 and is here to stay. The tiger eye stone is worn for protection and confidence and anyone who wears this shade will definitely feel confident! They will not only have a beautiful color but it's ever so subtle when it grows out so you don't have to worry about harsh roots and high maintenance. The look has a universal appeal as it sits in the middle of the hair color spectrum. It can be adjusted warmer or cooler to suit your skin tone. A great example of this color is Hannah Davis Jeter.
- Chocolate Mauve: This is a great way for brunettes to get a modern take on highlights. The unexpected combination has been and will continue to be one of the latest "it" colors. Use an oil like Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Replenish Oil-Mist as a treatment overnight and wash out in the morning to ensure the color shines.