Slow cooker rocky road bars
I am so in love with rocky road goodies that it's a little dangerous to know that these little gems are so easy to make. I can literally place the nuts & chocolate in the slow cooker & go work on a quick craft project or check messages for a while. When I come back, it's all ready for me to fold in the marshmallows & transfer to a pan. Then the hard part is waiting for them to set before we can enjoy them.
I originally made a similar recipe using the microwave & a muffin tin instead of a pan to make individual clusters. Those were pretty incredible & have been so popular this season. Either method works great in my opinion. I really have a hard time wanting to share these. The chocolate mixed with the salty cashews & peanuts & the added chewiness of the marshmallows just make my heart go pitter patter. I really can't get enough & I'm brainstorming on ways I can justify making these weekly, even after the holidays are over.
- 1 (12-ounce) package cashews (3 1/2 cups)
- 1 (12-ounce package shelled walnuts (3 1/2 cups)
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 1-1/2 (12-ounce) packages milk chocolate
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate
- Combine chocolate & nuts in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 1 hour, or until chocolate melts. Please don't lift the lid & keep a close eye on the chocolate to be sure to not overcook.
- After 1 hour, stir the mixture & fold in marshmallows.
- Transfer mixture into a parchment lined casserole dish or large jelly roll pan (I use a large 3/4 sheet jelly roll pan)
- Place in refrigerator to harden completely (if you are impatient like me, you can pop it in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Once set- remove by pulling up on the parchment paper & cutting into squares before transferring to an airtight container.