Winter wonderland brownies
These Sno-Cap Chocolate Ganache Brownies are decadence at it's finest, my friends. A fudgy brownie base is studded with Sno-Cap nonpareil candies before being flooded with thick layer of chocolate ganache and adorned with additional candy.
These are the perfect winter version of my beloved One Bowl Chocolate Fudge Brownies, just dressed up a bit. Perfect for any holiday party or when you're just needing the best chocolate fix ever! And really, the Sno-Caps make these brownies look so darn pretty! Word on the street is that my mother-in-law is a huge fan of nonpareils so I'm thinking I'll be making yet another pan of these dreamy brownies when she visits for Christmas. Taking one for the team and all, right?
These Sno-Cap Chocolate Ganache Brownies are decadence at it's finest, my friends. A fudgy brownie base is studded with Sno-Cap nonpareil candies before being flooded with thick layer of chocolate ganache and adorned with additional candy. Basically it's chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. Because if a little is good, a few more layers is absolutely delicious, right?
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup strong coffee, prepared
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup Sno-Cap candies
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- additional Sno-Cap candies and large dark chocolate nonpareil candies, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, add butter and heat on high for 1 minute. Whisk together until completely melted.
- Add cocoa powder and coffee and whisk together until smooth and completely combined.
- Add eggs, sugar and vanilla and stir together until combined.
- Add baking powder, salt and flour and stir together until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Pour batter into greased 9x13 baking pan and smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle Sno-Cap candies over batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until just set and a toothpick inserted into the center removes cleanly.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream. Microwave for 1 minute and 10 seconds on HIGH.
- Whisk together until completely combined and spread evenly over brownies.
- Allow ganache to cool 10 minutes. Garnish with additional Sno-Cap candies and large dark chocolate nonpareil candies.