Woman shares scary image as warning to other moms

For many new parents, a baby carrier is essentially a lifeline. It allows Mom or Dad to go about their daily routines, all with their infant nestled to their chest.

But after a near-disaster, one new mom is issuing a warning to other parents.

Molly Landis was cooking when her stove burner exploded, sending flames to her face, neck and chests. Normally, when she's in the kitchen, Molly holds her four-month old daughter in her wrap carrier. But on this particular day, she left her daughter in her swing.

Facebook/Molly Landis

The accident left Molly, a registered nurse (according to her Facebook) with severe burns. The photo has since gone viral.

The new mom can't stop thinking about how lucky she was that her child was not with her. Now, other parents are heeding Molly's warning.

Scroll through to see celebrities as babies:

More in lifestyle
6-year-old boy with cancer holds hot cocoa stand to help fight childhood cancer
Facebook finds beautiful missing photo for girlfriend of Oakland fire victim
Artist creates intricate designs to help cancer patients feel beautiful