Best Bites: Warm winter breakfast bowl
Winter is coming! That means chilly mornings and even colder days. Some days, you'll just want to cozy up by the fire. But this yummy breakfast bowl is the fuel you need to get through this season. Made with eggs, peppers and mushrooms, it'll keep you going all day long.
The recipe is simple and delicious!
See the full recipe below!
- 1/4 cup of dry steel cut oats
- 2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of onion
- 1/4 cup of diced pepper
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 egg.
- 1 teaspoon of green onions
- 1 teaspoon of walnuts
- Boil water and add in oatmeal.
- Reduce heat and stir.
- Cook for 3 minutes and absorb liquid.
- Turn off heat.
- Grate cheddar cheese.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Stir, stir, stir!
- Dice onion and pepper.
- Add coconut oil to heated pan.
- Toss in peppers and onions and cook until soft.
- Spoon over oats.
- Fry egg in coconut oil.
- Top on oats.
- Sprinkle green onion and walnuts.
- Add a dash of Za'atar.