Winterize your skincare routine
Getting back into the swing of things after a long holiday weekend is just rough, isn't it? I always struggle with getting back to 'normal' with everything from missing my hubby while he's back at work to trying to eat healthy again! On the bright side, this week is actually quite fun and exciting from another event happening with Kendra Scott tomorrow (posted this teaser Instagram last night to give y'all a heads up) and then we're hopping on a plane to the great state of Texas to celebrate some big life blessings for 2 different dear friends!
With all of the hustle and bustle of the Holiday season mixed with consistent traveling mixed with the cold temperatures.... my skin can get really cranky without the proper care and routine. So today I wanted to share with y'all some tricks of my trade to keep my winter skin healthy and happy!
1. Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water & Makeup Remover. I've read a lot about the micellar cleansing water trend the past couple of years but never really understood what made it better from any other makeup remover. Well, I finally tried it and I love it! It isn't drying in the slightest! In fact, if I'm feeling especially dry due to cold weather, heater constantly on, lack of sleep and water, etc... I will just put this on a cotton pad at night and use it as my "face wash" for the evening. I only really do this if I'm wearing very little makeup but I have used it in a pinch with a full face of makeup and being so tired I just needed to get it off and go to bed! Either way, it really does remove makeup and clean your skin without being harsh or irritating. It's also an amazing drugstore buy!
2. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Makeup 3-in-1 Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm. This stuff is AMAZING. My girlfriend got this and loved it, but she's preggers and her skincare routine is a whole different ball game right now so she generously gave it to me! #truefriendship. This stuff is the creamiest and smoothest balm cleanser I've tried to date and I've tried a whole lot of them! It will remove an entire face of full makeup (I wear a lot, especially when I shoot photos for this blog!) and it gets it all off seamlessly. So many cleansers, even the ones for dry and sensitive skin, leave my skin feeling tight after washing. Not this! It feels smooth and refreshed and ready for bed! I highly recommend!
3. TULA Purifying Face Cleanser. If you have normal skin, this cleanser is ideal for you on a daily basis. I still love it, but just can't use it daily with how sensitive and dry my skin can be. I've talked about this cleanser back in this post, but the overall review is that it's a wonderful cleanser that foams up perfectly with a Clarisonic!
4. CLARISONIC 'Mia Fit – Pink' Skin Cleansing System. I love the Clarisonic because you can use it with a mild cleanser like Tula and your skin feels refreshed and exfoliated without any harsh scrubbing. I use mine with the Tula cleanser 2 times/week in the shower. It gets off all the dead and dry skin that builds up, especially in the winter!
5. sara happ ® 'The Lip Scrub TM – Sparkling Pink Grapefruit' Lip Exfoliator. My lips get so dry in the winter which is terribly upsetting since this is THE time of year for a bright red or berry lipstick! Slathering on balm consistently doesn't help me as it just feels like a band-aid to the problem. I use a little bit of this exfoliator 2 times/week to get rid of dry skin on my lips. It's really mild in terms of scrubbing power and just lightly exfoliates so that you can put balm on after and have it actually work!
6. Fresh ® Brown Sugar Body Polish. What I love about this scrub in particular is that it's truly made from sugar! It's on the natural side, is gentle, and really gets skin smooth. I really recommend using this only once a week as you don't want to irritate skin, but it's perfect to keep in the routine to keep dry skin exfoliated! This is also perfect to use before you self tan before a Christmas party or winter wedding, too!
7. TULA Exfoliating Treatment Mask. THIS product is a miracle worker. I never rave this highly of a beauty product as I'm constantly testing and trying so many but I honestly can't imagine not using it for years to come! It's technically a mask for your entire face, but I mostly use it as a spot treatment. I dab a bit on the problem areas, let it dry and sleep with it on. Sorry for coming to bed with little blue dots all over my face, hubby... so attractive, I know. When I wake up, my blemishes have nearly vanished. It's CRAZY. It's not overly-drying like so many blemish/acne treatments which usually make the problem worse! It diminishes the bump, takes away redness, and your skin looks better overnight! I do use this as a full mask as well, once a week. I'll do it after my Clarisonic/Tula routine in the shower and leave it on while I'm watching TV. It's amazing how it opens up and uncolgs my pores and leaves my skin looking better than ever. It's the perfect little routine to do on a Sunday evening before the beginning of a new week!
8. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration. This wins for queen of multi-taskers! This cream is amazing for anything from head to toe. If I'm feeling extra dry, I'll use it as a face cream day or night. I'll use it for my hands and whole body, too! It doesn't clog my pores, doesn't smell, doesn't irritate. It's just a jar of pure hydration happiness! I also have a travel size for my purse to keep with me whenever I need a moisture boost! I seriously can't get enough of this stuff during the winter!
9. Vaseline Lip Therapy Original. I've tried nearly every type of lip balm (department and drugstore) out there and I always come back to this classic. I slather it on before bed and it stays put through the night! If I'm consistent with keeping my lips exfoliated and drinking enough water (two things that are musts to keep lips hydrated and happy), a slather of Vaseline a night will do me good!
10. Dermalogica Phyto Replenish Oil. I talked all about this multi-tasking oil in this post. The love is still alive! I use this year round but even more so now that the weather has turned. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it again and again.... Don't be afraid to try oils! They do wonders for your face!
11. SheaMoisture 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. You can't beat good old coconut oil. I slather this stuff on while I'm still damp post-shower and pat dry. It's the absolute best "moisturizer" I've tried! This specific product is intended for beauty purposes but you can also just grab a jar the next time you're at the store!
And that's that! It takes an army, y'all. But I find that if I'm really dilligent with keeping up with these products and a routine, my skin never spirals out of control. Because once my skin gets uncontrollably dry, it's really hard to get it to balance out and get back to normal!
I hope these products and tips helped! Any winter skincare 'musts' you have? Let me know!
SHOP this POST: