Artichoke is a game changer for this classic food
Artichoke lovers will fall in love with this Artichoke, Tomato and Spinach Pizza. It takes the classic spinach artichoke combination and turns it into an amazing pizza!
If you are a fan of the spinach/artichoke combo, you will LOVE this recipe. I practically ate the whole thing myself. And it reheats fairly decently – which I always love!
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- 1 13.75 oz can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 450ºF. Let the stone heat up for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roll the pizza dough into a large round. Spread 3 tablespoons of the garlic oil mixture over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the oil, then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan over the top.
- Add the artichokes, tomatoes and spinach to the bowl with the remaining oil mixture. Toss to combine. Arrange the mixture over the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 3 tablespoons of Parmesan over the top.
- Place the pizza in the oven on the pizza stone and bake until the crust is crisp and the cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes.