10 best apple pie recipes + my attempt at Thanksgiving decor
As I've mentioned in past posts, we're currently renovating our house. We've always been the kind of couple who love to travel and because of that, my home decor has been on the back burner. Now that my Grandmother is my neighbor, and our homes are actually connected, she's inspired me to do some redecoration... or should I say actual decorating.
And along with it some cooking...
Ok, let's not kid ourselves. I'm not a chef nor will I ever be. I love to bake my hippie healthy snack/dessert recipes but as far as cooking dinner every night, it's probably not going to happen. What HAS happened is I've become completely obsessed with Green Chef. It's one of those meal delivery services except I feel like it's a bit more elevated than the other ones. Perfect for healthy foodies like the husband and I.
Speaking of food, since it's just about Thanksgiving, let's talk dessert. Since it's the one thing I do like to cook, I love discovering new recipes. One of my favorites is the Apple Crispfrom Betty Crocker's 1956 cookbook. My Gran always makes this and then adds rum soaked raisins, because isn't everything better with alcohol? (That's a family motto, btw, and that book above is hers from 1956.)
So inspired by the season, here's a round up of 10 apple pie and apple pie inspired recipes for you to try. Be looking for more food inspiration to pop up on the blog, most likely tied in with our travel posts and a couple inspired my husbands Peruvian heritage. And FYI he'll be doing the cooking... I'm the taste taster in high heels.
So here 10 recipes and in the spirit of being all Suzy Homemaker, I attempted some holiday decor. Pumpkins in the fireplace? Why not! I was inspired by this blogger.
10 Best Apple Pie Recipes
1. Lattice Apple Pie (classic)
2. Apple Crisp (easy but be sure to add the rum soaked raisins!)
3. Easy Skillet Apple Pie (southern)
4. Apple Cranberry Pie (very fall inspired, a favorite of mine)
5. Our Favorite Apple Pie (classic, part 2)
6. Julia Childs Tarte aux Pommes (oui!)
7. Cinnamon Crumble Apple Pie (personal favorite... all about the crumble)
8. Gluten Free Apple Tart (gluten free, done right)
9. Iced Apple Pie Bars (seriously yum)
10. Apple Pie Cookies (no really, serious gimme one)